Pages

8/4/13

Gluten Free Skincare


The title of this post may have surprised you. I normally write about food, it's true. Blog clips about unbeatable recipes and must-try restaurants occupy the majority of this space. And although today's piece is different, it carries an equal amount of importance. 



You might be wondering...how does gluten free relate to skincare? It's a valid question - one I wondered when I started reading articles about the topic a few months ago. But after doing a lot of research and transitioning to gf products, I'm convinced my findings are worth sharing with you.


As the largest organ in your body, your skin absorbs much of what you apply topically. So even though  you may have eliminated gluten from your diet, your body could still be ingesting the substance. Like I've said before, going gluten free is a commitment. Changing your eating habits is definitely a worthwhile change. So think of revamping your skincare routine as the next step!


This may seem like a difficult change, but the benefits definitely make it worthwhile. Finding certified products can be tricky. I used to frequent chains like Sephora and Macy's, but now have to search elsewhere for gf makeup. Health food stores and online sites are a safe bet. 

Below are some of my favorite gf skincare products to save you some time and moolah! 
Happy Shopping (: 

I've tried this minimal-ingredient scrub in grapefruit and milk & honey...both smell divine and leave my skin silky smooth!

The unscented and lavender formulas are gluten free. I love that the large bottles last for awhile and are filled with honest, fair trade ingredients

The creamy texture of this product is light enough to sink right in. I feel good about slathering the paraben free formula on my face, hands, and body. So far, my favorite scent is citrus and mint!

I'm constantly in the process of trying new products and testing gluten free makeup, so look out for future posts!





2 comments:

  1. This is great information; I didn't realize that cosmetics and skin care products could contain glutens. Thanks for all the great info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember being shocked when I first started reading labels more closely. But don't worry, it gets much easier over time!

      Delete