Pages

4/15/13

My Gluten Free Gems


I  love writing about any GF discovery, whether it's a must-try recipe or brand new bakery! But sometimes, I feel like I have too many things to share in one post! So I decided to start a new feature on my blog, appropriately titled "Gluten Free Gems." Each week, I'll profile a few standout GF places, tips or products!

Here are this week's Gluten Free Gems:

1. Kara's Cupcakes

This awesome bakery serves up delicately decorated cakes and of course, offers GF cupcakes. With 8 Bay Area locations (2 in SF!), you can special order products in advance or pick them up on-the-go. Kara's even uses locally-sourced, sustainable ingredients...what's sweeter than that?

2. Gluten Free Resource Directory

The Celiac Disease Foundation maintains this informational site and updates it frequently. You can find everything from GF travel accommodations to certified labs for allergen testing. Check out this page for gluten free cosmetics and beauty products!

3.  Whole Foods

Although they've been criticized for unreasonably high prices, Whole Foods has an impressive selection of gluten free products. I visit my local WF for fresh produce, house-made sushi, and conveniently packaged snacks. Overtime, I've realized that it's worth paying a bit more for quality food. I try to buy most of my groceries from local markets, then splurge on the things that I truly love!

No comments:

Post a Comment