Pages

4/8/13

Liebster Award!

As most of you know, Gluten Free Gems is now officially part of the Her Campus Blogger Network. I love being in a community made up of such talented & inspirational writers! Last week, blogger Lucy Casale nominated me for a Liebster award. I'm so flattered that she thought of me - read on for my answers!


1.What’s the hardest lesson you’ve had to learn?

Keeping things inside doesn't do you any good. I debated about writing this, since I feel like I'm still learning that lesson. I tend to internalize rather than project my deepest emotions. While it's easier said than done, I'm realizing that it's much better to be honest about how you're feeling. At the end of the day, you have to speak up for yourself.

2. Do you have a motto that you live your life by? What is it?

I love mantras and quotes, but I don't have one motto that I live my live by. However, I do believe in the following:

Never say never

It's never too late for a fresh start (did I just say "never?")

Don't let comparison steal your joy

Be thankful for everything you have and focus on the positive!
 

3. What is your favorite publication and how often do you read it?

My all time favorite news source is BBC. But I'm a sucker for Lucky Magazine - it's the perfect plane ride companion.

4. Why did you start your blog?

I started Gluten Free Gems after I found out I was gluten intolerant. It's been a big life change & journey to say the least. I hope to offer helpful tips and inspire my readers to create delicious dishes - whether they're gluten free or not ;)

5. What did you want to be when you ‘grew up’? And are you on your way there?

I always wanted to go into medicine, but as the time approached to choose a college major, I reconsidered. Right now, I know one thing for sure: No matter what my profession becomes, I want to be able to travel. I have so many different interests and hope to mesh them all in my future career. I'd love to write for a travel magazine or even blog professionally. I'm very open, so we'll see what happens!

6. BEST dessert you ever had: ______.

This is a toughie. But if I had to choose just one, I'd go with Dutch caramel apple cheesecake. I haven't had a slice since my 18th birthday, but I can still taste it.

7. Favorite place in the world?

My friends make fun of me for this one, but my favorite place is the airport. Some people think it's loud, smelly, and cramped. But since my #1 passion is traveling, the airport is essentially the gateway to everything I love!

8. Where do you see yourself at age 30? (30, flirty and thriving?)

I see myself doing something that makes me tick. I don't care if it's a low-paying job...I just want to genuinely love it. I might have a family of my own - who knows! (That's why it's the future, after all :) I learn more about myself each and everyday, and I can't wait to discover and uncover the future me.

9. If you could interview anyone in history, who would you interview and why?

If I was lucky enough to interview a historical figure, I would definitely choose Ghandi. Maybe he could shed some light about forging a path to world peace and true equality.

10. The last dream you had involved…

It may or may not have involved a decadent feast of scrumptious baked goods...

11. What is your favorite slang word?

Oh gosh - another embarrassing one. It starts with "d" and ends with "ude." I use it far to often and usually find a way to work it into every conversation.

And now, for my Liebster nomination..................I choose Rachel Kossman! She writes about her incredible travels and experiences on her blog, Rachel Sarah Says. Here are your questions, should you choose to accept:

1. If you could spend five years in another country, which one would it be?

2.  What motivated you to start your blog?

3.  What was your best college experience? Worst?

4. How would you describe yourself in three words?

5. What's your best quality and why?

6. Where do you get your inspiration for your blog?

7.  How do you cheer yourself up when you're having a bad day?

8.  What is your ideal first date?

9.  If you could hang out with any movie character, who would it be?

10.  What is your dream job and how do you plan to get there?

11.  What's your favorite guilty pleasure?

No comments:

Post a Comment