Pages

9/11/13

Bio


I love the feeling of stumbling upon a new cafe and simply loving it. For all the time I spend seeking out gluten free spots, checking reviews, and scouring new restaurants, it's a welcome change of pace. My recent shoe shopping trip served a dual purpose when it turned me on to a new gluten free gem. A few steps out the doors of Nieman Marcus, and VoilĂ : my lunch was staring me straight in the face.

Set amidst the upscale shops of Union Square, Bio is a refreshingly humble sidewalk cafe. The space is small with sparse outdoor seating, but those lucky enough to secure a table will enjoy a leisurely al fresco meal. Bio's simple menu and made-from-scratch philosophy offer an array of choices for breakfast or lunch.

Think hearty soups, vegetable quiches, and savory tarts. Although the menu changes daily, there are always a variety of gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan options. Those in the mood for dessert can choose from an enticing display of freshly baked treats in Bio's pastry case, including sticky bread pudding and saucer-sized gf chocolate chip cookies!

1 comment: