Pages

2/10/14

Gluten Free Allergen Free Expo


A couple of weeks ago, I had the chance to go to an awesome event targeted towards anyone with a food allergy. Drumroll please.......enter the Gluten & Allergen Free Expo!

The GAF Expo lasted for two days, complete with lectures, workshops, and tons of GF brands selling their delicious products. The best part? A measly fee bought me a bag (and another bag) of free stuff! Visitors were able to stroll around the expo building and try snacks from almost every table. I can't believe I'm saying this, but it was almost too much food!

The expo had everything from dairy-free, gf pasta dishes to fresh caramel corn and quinoa cookies! I went there on almost an empty stomach and left feeling full & satisfied. Each sample of food was marked with a card stating all of the allergens it contained. Such a great way for food allergy sufferers to enjoy bites with out having to worry about having a reaction!

I would strongly recommend finding one in your area - it's a wonderful experience to see all of the delicious products out there! It's especially helpful for anyone new to food allergies - going to an expo will squash any fears you have about not being able to find food to munch on.

*Stay tuned for another expo post about my favorite new products & snacks!

2 comments:

  1. I hope this event returns to the Bay Area next year. I am looking forward to reading your reviews of the new products that you discovered. Ann Jinnett

    ReplyDelete